31 July 2010

Ionian Dolphins 10 (25-31 July)


It was the first time that I participated in Tethys courses and the first time that I visited Greece. I had a very good time here and I enjoied so much the company of Tethys staff and other volunteers. I experienced a lot of things in these six days. I found Galaxidi a beautiful place, with amazing surrounding landscape and very gentle people. I liked life at ‘home’, sharing time and space with Philippa, Gabriela, Christina, Russell and Dimitri. And I really want to thank the Tethys team, Philippa, Stefano and Giovanni for the knowledge and the enthusiasm they transmitted. I am so happy to see that there are people who work with passion, doing very good work. I am very happy that despite the wind and the truck drivers’ strike at the end we had fantastic sightings! Seeing dolphins in their natural environment was a dream that came true. But I also enjoyed very much the visit to the archeological site of Delphi. It was really an unforgettable experience! Thanks a lot to everybody!

Valentina, Italy

No comments: